10 Things to take the Trauma Out of Condo Buying
For some Cape Cod condo buyers, the real estate transaction can be an intimidating experience. For others it can be down right traumatic. If you are one of those buyers, this article was written just for you!
- Find a Cape Cod real estate professional that’s a good fit for you. Home-buying is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It’s critical that the practitioner you choose is highly skilled and a good fit with your personality. Like every profession – not everyone is equally skilled or trained. Interview and empower yourself to make the right selection.
- Remember, there’s no “right” time to buy, any more than there is a right time to sell. The real question is, “Is it the right time for you”? If the time is right for you to find a Cape Cod home now, don’t try to second-guess the interest rates or the housing market by waiting. Changes don’t usually occur fast enough to make that much difference in price, and a good home won’t stay on the market long.
- Don’t ask for too many opinions. Family, friends and co-workers will all offer advice based on what happened to them and share their ‘horror stories’. The problem is that some of their experiences could have been avoided if they had chosen the right Cape Cod real estate professional to advise and guide. This process is a complicated one but with the right facts, statistics, Cape Cod real estate market information and solid options/alternatives – you will have the proper tools to make educated decisions without pressure to act.
- Accept that no Cape Cod home for sale is ever perfect, and you can’t expect the seller to make an old house brand new. Your primary objective is to secure a property that is structurally sound and mechanically in good working order. Focus in on the things that are most important to you and let the minor ones go.
- Don’t try to be a killer negotiator to the point where you blow your own great deal. Negotiation is definitely a part of the Cape Cod real estate process, but trying to “win” by getting an extra-low price may lose you the home you love. If you find a property that is perfect for you and your family - $5,000 over 30 years means NOTHING in the big picture.
- Remember your home doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Don’t get so caught up in the physical aspects of the Cape Cod home itself that you forget location, neighborhood, amenities, noise level, etc.
- Don’t wait until you’ve found a home and made an offer to get approved for a mortgage, to investigate insurance availability, and to consider a schedule for moving. Presenting an offer contingent on a lot of unresolved issues will make your bid much less attractive to sellers. You should be Pre-Approved (not pre-qualified) so that your loan is in process before you even start looking at property.
- Factor in maintenance and repair costs in your post-home-buying budget. Don’t leave yourself short and let your home deteriorate.
Accept that a little buyer’s remorse is inevitable and will pass. Buying a Cape Cod home, especially a second home, is a big commitment. Be sure to fact find and determine it's a wise move based on your taxs, deductions and equity-building potential.
The Just Cape Condos Team is Here to Help!
When the time is right for you …We can move you! Our team of Cape Cod real estate experts at Just Cape Condos are ready and willing to assist you in every step of the process. At this time condos are becoming more and more popular to purchase and the prices could not be better. Take a look now at all the condo listings provided by JustCapeCondos.com and start enjoying your new condo in such a short amount of time.